For Fall/Winter 2014, Redken Creative Consultant Guido created a very mode shaped and chic bob, which is a new twist for designer Marc Jacobs. In the past, Guido has created choppy, punk-inspired styles for the Marc Jacobs shows.
The cut is quite blunt, but the style and finish stems from a high-end conception of hair that requires an immaculate finish. The use of wigs only added another level of perfection to this chic look.
"The idea of tonality played heavily into the whole design aesthetic for Marc Jacobs," says Redken Creative Consultant Guido. When Marc and I met to discuss the hairstyle, he presented a very clear conception of the color swatches and makeup shades that he had in mind. As a result, the tonality of the color, the makeup and the clothing were all paired together to give a monochromatic hue from head to toe."
Create the Look:
1. Apply hardwear 16 super-strong sculpting gel to dry hair from the root-to-ends and comb through until hair is completely saturated
2. Divide hair into two sections (top and bottom) in the back
3. Clip the bottom section down and out of the way
4. Using a finishing brush, start to brush the top section flat against the head, following the round of the head in one direction. Repeat with each section, making sure it's very clean and neat-looking when finished
5. Blow dry hair until completely dry
6. Apply control addict 28 extra high-hold hairspray to smooth any flyaways
7. Place wig on head
8. Apply satinwear 02 prepping blow-dry lotion to damp hair
9. Blowdry hair with natural bristle brush for a smooth finish
10. Spray iron shape 11 finishing thermal spray on hair
11. Use a flat iron to straighten hair from the root-to-ends
12. Comb hair back and place headband on head
13. Spray control addict 28 extra high-hold hairspray for a perfected finish
|Greg Kessler for Redken|