Oribe collaborated with celebrated fashion photographer Ellen von Unwerth to transform "Silver Linings Playbook" and "The Hunger Games" luminary Jennifer Lawrence into a modern day Brigitte Bardot for the new issue of Vanity Fair.
"The Bardot thing can be very overdone, so we wanted to change it up a bit," says Oribe. "The cover really focuses on a soft, pretty version of the look, and the inside pictures show different textures and levels of volume."
1. Prep hair with Volumista and blow dry with a round brush for soft, easy volume.
2. Spray Imperméable onto sections of the hair and curl with a 2-inch iron. Create a classic pin curl set and let it cool.
3. Remove pins and turn head upside down to brush through the hair.
4. Detail the ends and the hair around the face with Smooth Style Serum, adding more softness and shine.
5. Finish with Imperméable to provide light, movable hold.
1. Spray Shine into wet hair and blow dry smooth with a flat brush.
2. Apply Dry at roots to add a little lift at the crown.
3. Apply another misting of Shine to tame stray hairs.
4. Use Smooth Style Serum to detail the ends and open the face up.
1. Using the blowout from the cover look, add Dry at the roots and throughout the hair for added texture and volume.
2. Place a headband towards the front of the head.
3. Tease the hair behind the headband and then use a brush to lightly smooth it out to create a nice shape.
4. Set with Superfine.
5. Use Shine to add some extra luster.
1. Remove the headband from the classic Bardot style and apply Dry to the roots to re-introduce volume to the front.
2. Spray Après Beach throughout the lengths of the hair for texture and subtle shine.
3. Use Smooth Style Serum to create pieciness around the face.