The future has arrived! The hair at the Akris runway show in Paris was sophisticated yet futuristic.
"I created a futuristic chignon for Akris, which is a highly stylized look this season. I used hardwear 16 super strong sculpting gel to plaster the hair to the head. To further celebrate the shape of the head, I positioned the sleek chignon at the nape of the neck," says Guido, Redken Creative Consultant.
To craft the look, Guido first coated the hair, section by section, with hardwear 16 super strong sculpting gel before combing the hair backwards towards the nape of the neck. Once the low chignon was fastened, he applied shine flash 02 glistening mist and diamond oil shatterproof shine over the head to create a high gloss, high shine look.
Create the Look:
1. On dry hair, apply hardwear 16 super strong sculpting gel section by section with a fine toothcomb.
2. Gather hair into a low ponytail and secure with elastic.
3. Twist ponytail as you apply more hardwear 16 into a chignon and pin it.
4. Smooth diamond oil shatterproof shine over the head for added shine.
5. Finish with shine flash 02 glistening mist and forceful 23 super strength finishing spray.
|PHOTO CREDIT: Greg Kessler for Redken|