"Punk Modern" and "irreverent luxury" were the inspiration behind English designer John Richmond's Autumn/Winter 2013 collection, which was presented in Milan.
The palette featured lots of black and white silhouettes. A range of styles were unveiled from tailored jackets to long, flowing skirts with a feminine flair. Many pieces had decorative embellishments, playing up the luxury theme.
"This collection is cut-up and layered, mixing lengths, playing with asymmetrical and a minimal color palette," says John Richmond. "It features python, cashmere, silk, bonded neoprene, layers of leather, Perspex and metal. It's a glance back to the Eighties, but looking into the future."
"Richmond's woman is cool and a bit punk. She's music oriented and she channels the Eighties, as if the 1980s were the future," says TIGI Italian Creative Director Marco Iafrate, who styled the long, flowing hair looks, which featured a middle-part with irregular texture and movement.
It's no surprise that music was a key theme for Richmond, considering his close ties with the rock music fashion industry. He's styled lots of luminaries, including Madonna, David Bowie, Mick Jagger, Britney Spears, Kate Moss and beyond.
Get the Look:
1. Prep the hair with CATWALK by TIGI Session Series Styling Cream at mid-lengths and ends, and then apply CATWALK by TIGI Your Highness Root Boost to create lift and volume.
2. Blow-dry in sections, creating a center-part.
3. Taking large sections of hair, spray CATWALK by TIGI Sleek Mystique Look-Lock Hairspray and wrap it around a large curling tong. Move the tong up and down the hair to create texture, rather than a curl.
4. Use clips to hold the hair in place at the front and back, to allow the kinks to set.
5. Release the pins and spray hair with CATWALK by TIGI Sleek Mystique Look-Lock Hairspray.
|John Richmond's Autumn/Winter 2013 collection|